Friday 24 May 2013

Rain Rain Go Away, Come Again When I'm Done the Garden

This week has not been cooperative weather wise. It goes from sunny to rainy to hailing to windy and back to sunny again multiple times per day. This is really not conducive to planting my garden. Ya, ya, I know. Whats a little rain to a gardener? Well it wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have to completely dig out the bed. This bed has been completely ignored and allowed to run free. And therefore is full of Goutweed. ARG! So in order to plant my veggies I have to overhaul that bed. And its cold out! 5 degrees today. Somehow I don't think my little sprouts would appreciate that. Though the beans I started are huge and need to be planted asap. Go figure eh? Some are too small and delicate to put outside yet and some are huge and need to be planted now. My hope is that Monday or Tuesday I can dig out that bed and get started! I also have a birdbath half constructed in my living room because I need to finish it outside. I don't want to be outside in this weather. Its yucky. So I have been doing laundry. Oh Joy.

But soon, soon I will have a lovely vegetable garden. The cardinal family will have a bath. And the garden will look much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment