Thursday 13 June 2013

I miss my internet

Not having internet sucks! And makes blogging kinda difficult. So I'm at the mall making use of their free wifi before I head to work. There have been a ton of projects lately. Some of which have been a disaster and some which worked out quite well. Pinterest certainly fuels the creativity, even if reality is sometimes very different than those pretty picture people post. So here's what I've been working on.

Garden - I failed. I know, so sad :( It has been a rainy rainy spring here and it has not done my garden good. I spent hours clearing the bed of the damn gout weed. And then planted my little veggie sprouts. They are all dead. Every last plant. tear.

The Birdbath - I dont know if I didnt use strong enough rebar but it was not effective. After trying a few times I gave up. I had painted all my terracotta pots in lavender and blue. I had secured my little bird statue to the bowl. And thats as far as it got because those pots all stacked were not sturdy enough for the wind let alone the birds. So the bowl is on the end of a bench near the raspberry bush. Not what I wanted but still cute.

Pickles - I made pickles! Who knew pickles were so easy? Cucumbers, salt water, dill, coriander, garlic. done. Delicious, not super crispy though so I might add some raspberry leaves next time. They apparently release tannins that will crisp up the pickles.

Personal Oatmeal - My boyfriend calls these his Breakfast Poop Muffins. lol. And they are effective! Simple whole ingredients make for a nutritious and easy breakfast. Also all the fibre makes ya poop. I do plan on posting a recipe for these as they are staples at our house.

The next project on the list is JAM. We have a giant loganberry tree in our yard  The loganberry is a hybrid of blackberry and raspberry. I'm a fan but there are way to many to just eat. Even with the ones I cant reach and the ones the birds eat I will have so many berries it isnt funny. So jam it is. Im a bit nervous so wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Sending you luck! Sorry 'bout the garden & birdbath. The pots could be reused for plants though and will look pretty in all those colours.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete